1. French fries will be deliciously golden brown and extra crispy if lightly sprinkled with flour before frying.
2. To peel thin skin fruits and vegetables easily, place in a bowl and cover with boiling water, let stand for one minute then peel with sharp paring knife.
3. To keep your pizza crust crispy, try placing the cheese on before the sauce. Of course you can add a bit more on top too! ;)
4. To bake the perfect potato, rub butter over potatoes before baking to prevent skin from cracking and to improve the taste.
5. A dull knife works better to cut cheese. Warm the knife and the cheese will cut like butter.
6. A FAVOURITE TIP!!! To reduce shrinkage in sausages, they should be boiled for 3-5 minutes before frying.
7. To keep meatballs from falling apart when cooking, try placing them into the refrigerator for 20 minutes before cooking.
8. When stuffing a turkey or chicken, try sealing the opening with a small raw potato.
9. To ensure the freshness of fish, place it in cold water – if it floats it has recently been caught.
10. You can thaw fish in milk. The milk will draw out the frozen taste and provides a fresh caught flavour.