Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Monday, January 30, 2012
New to couponing? Maximize your savings by price match-ups! Keep track of all your coupons and stay up-to-date on all weekly flyers to find the best deals. Sometimes you can even get items for FREE!! Visit my favourite links page at: https://amumntheoven.com/Links_3YXT.html to get access to ALL mail out coupons you can take advantage of! Also, remember that Walmart actively participates in 'price-matching' and will always acknowledge and match a competitor's lower price.
Sunday, January 29, 2012
Saturday, January 28, 2012
Friday, January 27, 2012
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
I made these little guys for the first time two years ago before attending a Superbowl party held at my parent's place. This is a special day that I will remember forever--not only because it was an enjoyable one, but it was the last party my Dad ever attended; he passed away 5 days later. I will forever dedicate this recipe to his honour because of his LOVE for these wings, he could not eat enough or rave more about them and it made me laugh so much. I write this with both tears in my ears and a smile on my face. I miss you, Dad!
Now, on to the recipe! You will be amazed at how easy these are to make, as I take you through, step by step AND how cost effective this method is as well.
There are two flavours of wings that I have found to be the most popular--Buffalo hot and Cajun. I have to admit that I personally like the Buffalo hot better myself, but it is all about preference and personal taste!
1. You are going to want to visit your local grocery store or farmer's market to purchase FRESH wings.
Note: In order to calculate how many you need to buy, think about how many people will be attending and most people consume on average approximately 8-10 wings (or 1 lb.)
2. Approximately 2-3 hours before frying, place the desired amount of wings in a large mixing bowl. Cover the wings in flour and corn starch (3 parts flour to 1 part corn starch) and sprinkle with pepper. For anyone that may not know, corn starch is need to allow the wings to become more crispy while frying. Toss the chicken around in the mixture to ensure that all pieces are completely covered. Place in the fridge for a couple hours; this will allow the moisture in the fridge to make the flour stick much nicer to the wings. This is a VERY crucial step in the process!
3. About 10 minutes before it is time to fry, take a large pot and fill 3/4's full with either Canola or Vegetable oil and heat at Max temperature. A good tip to know when the oil is hot enough is to take one floured wing and dip the end into the oil. If the oil begins to sizzle a bit around the wing, it is ready!
4. Place all wings in the pot and wait.
5. ***THIS STEP IS ONLY IF YOU ARE MAKING CAJUN WINGS***While they are cooking, take another large bowl and dump approximately 3-4 tbsp of butter into it. Turn a small burner on to low heat and place the bowl onto it. Let it sit until all the butter melts, then remove.
6. Your wings are almost ready when you begin to see them float to the top of the oil. Wait about 5 minutes until you see the chicken begin to turn more of a brownish colour. Remove with a strainer spoon.
7. If making Cajun, place desired amount into bowl with the butter and toss. If making Buffalo hot, place wings in another bowl.
For Cajun: Once tossed in butter, season with approximately 2 tbsp of Cajun spice.
For Buffalo Hot: Pour hot sauce over all wings and toss until all are covered. Add more sauce depending on preference.
8. Plate and Voila! You are done!
The following is a tasty Garlic-Dill dip to serve with *Touchdown Wings*:
1. Take a medium bowl, add 1 cup mayonnaise, 1 cup sour cream, 1 tbsp dry dill and 1/2 TSP of garlic powder.
2. Mix ingredients together and SERVE.
COST TO MAKE: $10.75 vs COST TO ORDER: $28.00 (Based on 2 lbs)
I hope you enjoy these as much as my family and friends do!!! Please do let me know how they turn out for you, I'd love to hear your experiences!
WHAT'S NEXT? ---the pefect 'Valentine's Day Meal' to make for your loved one!
What is with this weather?! Where is our normal Canadian Winter? Can't complain though, I love warmer temperatures (I'm obviously not a skiier or snowboarder!)
Anyways, I thought I would write to inform everyone of all that will be happening in the very NEAR future!
First however, I would like to begin by thanking everyone who has become a fan of my Facebook page as we all await the Grand Launch of A Mum 'n the Oven's website! Remember to keep sharing and referring friends as well because it provides you with more entries into our first contest--the 250 Fan Giveaway! Whats in store you ask? You can win 1 of 5 amazing prizes!! I'm doing it because this all would not be possible with the help and support of all of YOU!
As far as the website goes right now, you can check out current deals & promotions happening that I have recently posted, as well as, all my favourite links I frequent! Take the opportunity to visit them and see what they have to offer. Also, check out the few Forum threads I have begun and post a comment to get involved OR leave a comment in my Guestbook to let me know you stopped by!
My next steps will be posting our very FIRST *Feature of the Month*--where a brand or company will be featured for one whole month, giving you the opportunity to find out what they are all about and what they can do for YOU! Another plan is for me to update and post all my FAVOURITE products for your viewing pleasure. These will include a combination of various cooking products, utensils and supplies that you can take a look at and hopefully benefit from, much like I have.
Until next time everyone, stay safe & happy!
On my website, I encourage you to browse, learn and contribute as much as you can, while I do my part in creating a close community for us all to enjoy and confide in one another. Every aspect of this website has been carefully created with careful effort in order to convey a touch of love in every page! I truly am thrilled to offer a helping hand to each and every one of you who either 'pop by' every so often or stay for awhile!
I hope you find knowledge, comfort and friendship within this site as you take on life's opportunities as they come at you one day at a time. Our motto here is "Never Say Never" because each one of you is capable of creation and success!
As you begin to look through A Mum 'n the Oven's website, you will see a variety of options to help you and assist others right at your fingertips. I encourage you to contribute your thoughts within the forum or through e-mail in order to reap all the wonderful benefits and for you to keep in touch with all current events and contests happening. Sharing ideas gives you chances to enter exclusive contests, so WHY NOT? To find out how to get fully involved, please take the time to click on all tabs and links located on the site. Again, this will allow you to take full advantage of all that is in-store!
I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you, and hopefully you will come to learn a lot about myself as well!